Health, safety and wellbeing is our number one priority because our people are our number one resource.
Omexom New Zealand recognises that every employee is entitled to a safe working environment, free of risk to health.
Home without Harm. Everyone, Everyday is our focus for every employee as they commence their work day in the office or in the field until they leave the work site or office.
Omexom New Zealand is committed to:
- Providing adequate resources to prevent accidents and to strive to continually improve occupational health, safety and rehabilitation.
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at eliminating work related injury and illness.
- Ensuring management at all levels are competent in health and safety management and regard health, safety and rehabilitation at the workplace as their highest priorities.
- Providing employees with adequate training, information and instruction on the hazards associated with their work and safe techniques for performing the job.
- Having every employee contribute to the important and responsible role of incident prevention.
- Providing safe plant, equipment and systems of work.
- Ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and industry standards.
- Ensuring workplace rehabilitation is commenced as soon as practicable, in accordance with medical advice and the individual needs of the employee.
- Ensuring as far as practicable that suitable duties are made available to injured workers to facilitate their safe and early return to the workplace.
- Consultation with employees to ensure that Occupational Health Safety and Rehabilitation Plans, Policies and Procedures operate effectively.